What is an IP Address?
Have you ever wondered "what is my IP address" and how to search, trace and locate IP address from yourself or find IP address from anybody else? Or thought about finding IP addresses ranges block that belong to a specific country? Have you ever used a web-based IP address lookup location tool to trace and locate IP and find the geographical location of an IP address? Maybe you are looking for an IP address location, DNS lookup, IP address range etc... Or you simply wish to learn more about how networking protocols like UDP and TCP/IP, work? We can help with all of this and more.
IP Address (Internet Protocol address) is as your telephone number. It uniquely identifies every host on a network.
Just as your mailing address uniquely identifies your home, an IP address uniquely identifies a host. With our IP locator tool you
can track, trace and locate IP address.
There are two Internet protocols in widespread use: the Internet protocol IPv4 and the Internet protocol IPv6.
IPv4 - Internet Protocol version 4
IPv4 state for Internet Protocol version 4. IPv4 uses 32-bit addresses that maximum 4,294,967,296 addresses allows and forms the basis for addressing within the Internet. But in the year 2022 all available ip addressen will be used. Because of this limited number of addresses IPv6 makes big chance to replace IPv4. Within IPv4 special IP addressen are:
- 0.0.0.0 (indication for the whole rest of the Internet)
- 127.0.0.1 (indication for localhost but other IP address within IP range 127.0.0.1-127.0.0.255 can be used also)
- 255,255,255,255 (indication for netmask of some IPv4 host)
- 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255; 172.16.0.0-172.31.0.0; 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.0; (IP address ranges reserved for private use)
IPv6 - Internet Protocol version 6
IPv6 state for Internet Protocol version 6. IPv6 uses 128-bit addresses that maximum
340,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ( 3.4 x 1038 ) addresses allows and and forms the latest internet protocol, which is gaining momentum due to the fullness of all available IPv4 addresses. Namely, all available IPv4 addresses are already almost used and IPv6 is the future of Internet protocols. Within IPv6 special IP addressen are:
- ::/0 (indication for routing)
- ::/128 (indication for not specified addresse)
- ::1/128 (indication for localhost)
- :ffff:0:0/96; ::ffff:0:0:0/96 (IPv4 mapped and translated addresses)
- 64:ff9b::/96 (indication for IPv4/IPv6 translation on Internet )
- 100::/64 (indication for a discard prefix on Routing which means selective use in DOS attacks and traffic rejection based on source or destination addresses)
- 2001::/32 (indication for transition technology tunneling on Internet)
- 2001:20::/28 (indication for ORCHIDv2 - Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers Version 2
- 2001:db8::/32 (indication for IPv6 addresses used in documentation)
- 2002::/16 (indication for 6to4 relay routers and managed tunnels)
- fc00::/7 (indication for local addresses in private internetl)
- fe80::/10 (indication for addresses within network)
- ff00::/8 (indication for multicast addresses used on internet)
How to lookup and Find an IP with our IP Locator?
Using IP address finder from IP Address Location and all our other IP tools for tracking IP addresses is free.Our IP finder as part of our IP to location service is the fastest, easiest and most precise way to search and find the exact IP to location of any public IP address, OS, DNS, IP country, country code and country flag. Just enter any computer IP address and perform IP address search without any limitation. Furthermore, we have integrated Geolocator and a world map to display your results by city and country. IP database used by our IP lookup is updated every 48 hours so you can be sure the IP2location information we provide is up to date.
IP Tools Collection
Below is a brief overview of the most important and sought-after IP tools, which make up the first line of investigation when searching for more information regarding a given IP address, email or domain:
- IP Locator (a precise tracing tool that locates a geo position with a minimum circle tolerance of 10 kilometers)
- Calculating CIDR (a tool that shows what the subnet number is for the IP range, then calculates and shows what it is CIDR from Netmask)
- Whois IP (find out more information about owner of any domain name)
- Email checker (IP & Email tool to verify and lookup email addresses),
- Email Tracer (track and trace email sender on basis of email header),
- and articles How to change IP or Hide IP address will help you to find anything what you would like to know about IP addressing.
What is My IP?
Our web based IP Lookup tool has analyzed and traced your public IP address and detected next informations about your computer:
My Hostname: ec2-18-206-76-226.compute-1.amazonaws.com
My IP Location: Ashburn United States US
Language: English (United States)
Operating System: (version unknown)
Browser: User Agent: Ccbot
Full Version Info: 2.0
Browser with reference to full variable: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)
Proxy Server Detection: No Proxy detected or you use High Anonymous Proxy
Tor (The Onion Router) Anonymity Network: Not Detected